Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scouting out routes for Capital Bocking USA

So we just had a nice weekend in DC... with 80 degrees and sunny, hopefully it was a "weather" preview for Capital Bocking USA which is in less than two weeks. The mission was to go bocking and scout things out. I was running across Key bridge at full speed when I tripped and fell as the bridge transitioned to slightly uneven brick sidewalk. I skidded on the smooth bricks for about 20ft, going from about 20mph to zero. It was a very bad fall, and I was stunned, wind knocked out of me, laying on the ground. After a moment, I sat up and assessed the damage: fresh skid marks on my kneepads, elbow pads, and wrist guards plus a minor scratch along the edge of one wrist guard. The moral of the story is: Although falls are rare, always wear protective pads and a helmet while bocking! Bocking looks dangerous, but it doesn't have to be.

And yes, we now have some good, tested routes! See you all in two weeks. It's going to be a great time!

No comments:

 

Poweriser Authorised USA Dealership PowerStrider Authorised USA Dealership
jumping stilts and spring stilts